Oops! 5 Months of Procrastination

As you can see in my title, I clearly have improved my procrastination skills. However, what I'm going to write about today is just a little bit about how I myself escape from daily pressures and stress.

First and foremost, whenever I am feeling stressed, I listen and play music. Music has always played a big role in my life providing a different way to express my thoughts. Whether it be K-pop, rap, or even classical music, each different genre invokes different emotions in myself. Thus, if I am feeling stressed one day, I just play some of my "chill vibe" music and tune out the rest of the world. Another way I use music to destress is by playing cello. The melodies that come out can sometimes truly convey my emotions and release any anger or sadness I am feeling. That's why I encourage anyone who is reading this (if there even is any) to pick up a musical instrument because I assure you although it may be hard at first, once you have the basics done, it's just a truly beautiful way to communicate yourself in manners other than words.

Also, physical activity definitely allows ample time to relax for me. Practicing basketball especially is my way of escape. I could play for 2 hours straight and not know it. Being out on the court in solitude is just like being in a different world, and I love it! Having time to yourself is particularly important to take a break from any drama or stress you face.

Finally, as unconventional as it may be, sometimes just letting out a long scream might help. It sure has for me... When you're just overwhelmed by everything you have to do, just letting out all of your emotions could a) help you gather your thoughts afterwards and b) just letting out that anger may actually help you feel better.

Basically though, I don't know when I will post next, but comment what you might want to hear about me, and I'll for sure consider writing about it someday!

Comments